Sharks Ski Club provides a professional, affordable learning environment for all skiers.
Our Saturday morning sessions are aimed at helping all abilities from someone who wants to tweak their skills ready for a holiday in the alps, through to individuals preparing for competition.
Our FUNdamental principals aim to provide affordable skiing for everyone, regardless of age or ability.
Our Sessions are structured and adhere to SnowSport England Guidelines.
The Club is SnowMark Accredited.
Want to become a member of the best ski club in the world?
Important – Please Read the Codes of Conduct for Club Members.
We are a Family Orientated Ski Club.
Sharks Ski Club caters for skiers is of all ages and and abilities.
Beginner Skier? – Once you can take the lift to the top of the slope we can arrange lessons to get you moving.
Established Skier? – Our expert team of instructors will help you to improve your technique.
Looking for something new? – Come and join us for one of our Race, Freestyle or Mogul Sessions.
Our Main Session is at Xscape Snozone in Castleford every Saturday Morning 9 to 11am
Other sessions, such as Freestyle Fridays, as advertised on our website and Facebook page
So How Do I Join?
If you are interested in joining the Club, you will need to contact the Membership Team, our Club Chairman or any of the Club Officials. They will be pleased to explain how everything works, and tell you about the benefits the Sharks Ski Club can offer.
To join the club, it’s essential that you are able to take the lift to the top of the slope and ski down in a controlled manner.
You will be invited to come along for an “Introductory Session” first, so that you can decide if skiing in a club environment is for you. It also gives us a chance to assess your skiing ability and so decide which of our groups you should be in.
Introductory sessions do need to be booked in advance (click here to book a session). At busy times we may need to limit the number of “intros” per Sharks session. Parents/guardians are requested to stay during the session.
How much does it cost?
The cost for a new member to join the club is £25.00 or £60 per family (up to 6 people from one household) per year.
The membership year runs from October 1st.
The benefits of membership to the club include
- The ability to ski with some of the most highly skilled, highly motivated and best looking coaches in the land
- Regular freestyle coaching, including monthly moguls sessions
- Regular race coaching sessions to get you ready for racing
- Regular race sessions at both ‘fun’ and serious race competitions
- An active Social diary
- 10% Discount at Ellis Brigham
In addition membership of Sharks gives you affiliation with SnowSport England, the advantages of which include
- Public Liability Protection for every Snowsport England Member Club, School and Region including full Public Liability for every named Club Member while on Club activities.
- Access to all Snowsport England activities and events.
- The opportunity to influence decisions and events, through the Regional Ski Associations and Key Discipline Committees.
- Regular information and circulars about Snowsport England activities and other skiing information.
- Clubs and its membership have the right to information. Registration allows this to happen and for each member to make personal decisions about whether to receiving different types of non-essential information. This also reduces the burden on other people, often volunteers, who would otherwise be relied upon to communicate this information.
- Clubs and its membership have the right to have their voice heard, and to have their say in how the sport is run. This requires two-way communication between Snowsport England and its members. Affiliation and registration enables this to happen.
- Clubs and its membership that are affiliated or registered with Snowsport England have rights with regards to support, services and resources. Please see benefits section for more information. To administer these and other benefits fairly and effectively it is important for us to know who our affiliated clubs and members are.
- Clubs and their membership have the right to know that appropriate standards are upheld in the areas of health, safety and welfare when they are participating in the sport. Licensing and registration help to enable the monitoring and enforcement necessary for the observance of these standards throughout the sport.
- The information and communication that is made possible through club affiliation and athlete registration also help us to provide clubs and athletes with support and opportunities to help them maximise their potential and get as much enjoyment from the sport as possible.
Important bit for Parents!
The minimum age is 5 years, but members of all ages are encouraged, including adults.
Parents or guardians of children under 10 are required to stay at the ski slope for the duration of the session. If your (older) child is to be left unaccompanied, please ensure that we have access to a telephone number where you can be reached in case of emergency.
Many parents stay and watch their children ski, offering support and encouragement, and meeting with other parents.
The Basking Sharks group is for parents who wish to ski.