Due to circumstances way beyond our control, the Sharks 2018 holiday has been changed from Wengen, Switzerland, to Champoluc, Italy. The dates remain the same 31st March to 7th April or depart 30th April (Good Friday) when flights may be cheaper.
The reason being, that the Mannlichenbahn Company (the lift system) have decided to close on March 31st (the day we were due to arrive) This is due to them installing a complete new lift system and they have said that this work needs to start on 1st April
The lateness in this decision, is because ALL the Wengen & Grindelwald Hoteliers have been campaigning to keep it all open until after Easter, but having had many meetings have been unsuccessful. Everyone is disappointed and angry with this decision. We are also very, very sorry.
On the positive side, at very short notice, we have managed to provisionally book the Peti Prince Hotel in Champoluc, Italy.
A school has already ‘provisionally’ booked this hotel for the same dates, therefore we need to act very quickly to secure it. This means that you must contact Ski2 and pay your deposit asap. Details of how this is done will be sent later when full details of costs etc. will be sent out on this Thursday 20th April. (It is Easter, and the office is closed)
Again, our sincere apologies for the change in venue, but where ever Sharks go, it is always a fun packed holiday.
On behalf of Sharks holiday committee.